We are a Small Business with Large Rail Production Capabilities. We are MERRILL.
For over 50 years, MERRILL has grown, evolved and expanded by doing whatever it takes to accommodate our customer’s needs. That’s why a global leader in high-speed rail and transportation systems partnered with MERRILL to manufacture over 50 massive rail car body shells.
Our vertically integrated operations allowed us to help through each stage of the project.
- Development a Manufacturing and Assembly Processes that functioned with our equipment/facilities to accommodate the volume and quality requirements. We dedicated a specific manufacturing area for production.
- MERRILL’s Advanced Planning Execution Team (APEX) transformed the customers European Technology to U.S. Standards in manufacturing practices.
- Our in house engineering department Designed and Built Custom Weld Fixtures.
- MERRILL preforms to AWS Railway Welding Specifications (50 Certified Welders to AWS D15.1 Standards).
- To conform to high quality paint specifications, MERRILL invested in three (3) state of the art 90 foot custom paint booths.
Car Body Shell Specifications
- 6,000+ manufacturing hours
- 3,000+ discrete components
- 1,200 pounds of weld
- Eight (8) different coatings
- Eight (8) unique castings
- Weight: 24,500 lbs.
- Length: 56’
Contact MERRILL for fully integrated solutions including in-house expertise to design, build, test and manufacture intricate parts and prototypes through high-volume production. If you need it, MERRILL can make it.