Do you like to work with your hands? Join our world-class manufacturing team at MERRILL. Fabricators are responsible for fabricating steel, aluminum and stainless-steel products according to blueprints or detail drawings under direct supervision by a team leader or Level III Fabricator.
Hourly Pay Range: $15.45-$24.70
Day and Night Shifts Available
16% Night Shift Premium
Signing Bonus up to $5,000
INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR MERRILL?
With the right people, and the right technology, anything is possible.
- Flame cutting, beveling, pre- and tack welding, grinding, straightening, bracing and building basic fabrications to print using a fixture, or where minimal or no machine stock is required
- All training on-the-job
- Maintain welding equipment and shop fabrication tools for assigned work area
- High school diploma
- Six months of experience in the welding and fabricating field
- Tack welding, using FCAW, GMAW or stick electrodes
- Ability to read standard and metric tape measures
- Ability to build fabrications from basic blueprints and detail prints with minimal machine surfaces
- Industrious and hardworking, with the ability to focus on a task until completion
- Frequent handling of moderate to heavy components (no more than 50 lbs. without mechanical assistance) and may include walking or standing most of the time
- Frequent bending, stooping and twisting
“As a Fabricator, every day brings new work and a new set of challenges. You’re constantly learning. What I like the most about being a Fabricator is the chance to create something from nothing. It’s very fulfilling work.”
The Solutions You Need.
Our work has earned us much recognition over the years.
Unparalleled, Unmatched, Always Perfecting.